In case you want to find out more of the specific system changes and changes to the move list, check out this link from Shoryuken.com. It is interesting to point out the new "Overdrive" System that seems to grant characters extra abilities and can actually stop the timer in game. Judging the description, the overdrive could be either the "Revenge Gauge" from Street Fighter IV or even "X-Factor" from MvC3, but it is too early to tell.
Besides also pointing out changes to some of the characters (new/changed moves), we also got a few slight details about the new three characters: Amane's Drive is "Spiral" which turns his cloth into a drill and also actually has a level system attached to it, so it would be save to assume that Amane could perhaps be the "Frank West" of Blazblue.
Bullet's Drive is "Lockon" which allows her to quickly rush at her opponent to grab them and then (if she is close enough) a "heat" system is used with the drive attacks. This seems to be somewhat like a mix of Noel's drive and Makoto's playstyle since it seems that once she uses her drive, she has a rather extensive list of attacks she could use to beat her opponent down.
Finally for Regal's, err... I mean Azrael's Drive, which is "The Terra". This drive reveals weak points on the opponent when they connect with the opponent. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this will be one of three things: 1) If you reveal a weak point, you can attack it and it can cause more damage. 2) A weak Point could be a means to break through a defense. 3) hitting a weak point means you have access to alt. attacks that could do more damage. Regardless, until we get to see some gameplay sessions with these new characters and even see how the current ones now play, your guess is as good as mine as to how each character's playstyle is and if the balancing (if there was any) may have improved a character.
This article is taken into account that you've already played the first two games, so *Spoiler Warning* is in effect.
At Arc System Works' "BlueFes," they have announced the 3rd game in the Blazblue series called "Blazblue Chrono Phantasma."
From the video shown above, we can confirm the following:
- Each character's neutral pose has been redrawn and some of the character's costumes are also different. and of course, new moves for all.
- Besides Noel not wearing a cap anymore, it looks like she has a different weapon as her two guns can combine into a rifle. Might have been something she could have always done, but who knows...
- Tsubaki is now sporting a darker attire (if you've played continuum shift, you already know why)
- Hazama has a new Distortion Finisher where it looks like he is curb stomping his opponent without his hat and also Bang who seems to use his giant Nail for a Distortion move too.
- Obviously there will be some new BGM and stages to fight on.
- As seen at the start, there will be three new characters: Amane=Nishiki who fights with cloth, has a move (Astral Finish?) that causes his opponent to revert back to a kid, and dresses very feminine (thank you Japanese games). Bullet (or Barret?) a woman who looks to have a fighting style similar to Makoto (although I can't tell if she has a tail, or if that is her belt). and Azrael, who is basically Regal from Tales of Symphonia if he finally decided to fight hand to hand. No I'm serious. Look at him and then look at Regal. They look almost the same, including the blue hair.
- The only character that has not been confirmed is a "Lambda-11/Nu-13" Type character. Granted though that their character has been killed. Will we see her character re-imagined for a 3rd time? or will she just stay dead?
We can't say for sure at this time if we will be seeing more characters added in the future, nor do we know the actual roles Amane, Bullet or Azrael will play, but we will probably find out more as the game is set to come out in Winter 2012 in the Arcades.