The game that has touched so many hearts is making a return. After a 15 year wait, Square Enix will be releasing Final Fantasy VII back to the PC. While fans await the release of the game on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, I suppose the fact that it's coming back to PC is some type of start, right? We can hope it is anyway. We are still in the dark and can keep making assumptions what the company will do as far as a remake or reboot for the consoles. It seems like this will not be an HD remake, however, the details on the trailer shares that the game will include:
- Achievements -- 36 brand new achievements, only available as digital download on PC!
- Cloud Saves (you can giggle now) -- Continue and save your progress wherever you are. (Requires internet connection)
- Character Booster -- Stuck? Boost your stats for that extra advantage.
- Optimized for PC -- Play FINAL FANTASY VII on the latest hardware.
The PC requirements will be:
- 2Ghz processor
- 1GB of RAM
- a Direct X 9 compatible graphics card
There is no exact date of release announced, just that it is “Coming Soon”. HERE is the link to the website dedicated to the PC version of Final Fantasy VII along with the announcement trailer.