Capcom has unveiled their new site for the Losy Planet spin-off, E.X. Troopers. They're featuring an awesome promo movie, Twitter icons, and character voice samples.
The site goes on to introduce us to the characters in the upcoming game, with some background detail:
- Bren - The main character who came to the academy on EDN-3rd from EDN-2nd. He's friendly and not shy, is driven by curiosity, and aims to be number one at everything he does.
- TeeKee - This special girl is a member of a snow pirate group that longs to live alongside EDN-3rd's native Akrid creatures.
- Chris Lanbert - An elite member of the academy with long experience in a Vitality Suit. He has confidence in his aim, and will come to consider Bren his rival.
- Julie Fliesher - The group's "mood maker." She's not only skilled with a Vitality Suit, but also has great knowledge and affection. She's secretly in love with Bren (or possibly his Vitality Suit, Gingira).
- Luan Forest - Luan entered the academy ahead of Bren and is his superior. He's devoted to data gathering, and has a lot of knowledge.
- Gingira - Bren's Vitality Suit. Gingira is a prototype with next generation AI which allows it to speak with its pilot and even automatically take simple actions. The Gingira name was given to it by Bren when he first boarded the machine. Gingira refers to Bren as "Master."
They have done a cell shading technique with this game and they have done a beautiful job.
It's been reported that E.X. Troopers is going to be playable at Capcom's Sumer Jam event towards the end of June this year. Though there is no definite answer as to whether or not it will be playable just yet.
Thanks Andria Sang!