It's about time that we will be seeing other video game merchandise hitting shelves, other than the usual characters that we are used to seeing! PopCap Games has signed licensing agreements with Trends International, Bioworld Merchandising, Funko, MjC International, JazwaresÔ, and Walls360 to bring the fans a variety of merchandise for their top franchises.
Plants vs. Zombies will be the first of their babies to transformed into a variety of products to adorn shelves this spring. . Bejeweled, along with other PopCap Games' franchises, will be well on their way in early 2013.
The licensing agreements are detailed as:
- Bioworld Merchandising will be creating apparel, headwear, bags and accessories
- Jazwares is developing a series of plush toys, figures and electronic accessories including headphones, USBs, speakers and device cases
- Walls360 will be offering a starting line-up of wall graphics including individual characters and exclusive bundles
- Funko will be creating Plants vs. Zombies versions of their distinctive Pop! Vinyl Figurines
- MjC International is working on adult sleepwear and boxers
- Trends International is developing calendars and posters
I do have some items from PopCap Games and some of those include a zombie figure, a table calendar, and I purchased a Plants vs. Zombies tee from Hot Topic a couple of years ago.
Brennan Townley, director of brand licensing at PopCap Games, stated:
We’re taking a measured, deliberate approach to licensing our IPs, focusing on quality brand extensions that expand our unique game icons and experiences for our fans in authentic, meaningful ways. The partnerships we’ve announced today represent partnerships with some of the most highly regarded licensees in their respective categories.
via: PR Announcement